About the role
Opontia is one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the Middle East, Turkey and CEE and we are on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce house of brands. We build success stories with brands by acquiring and scaling high performing e-commerce businesses that operate on marketplaces, own websites and social platforms.
Opontia is looking for an operations executive who is passionate about supply chain, logistics, ecommerce and startups to be our Operations executive in our Riyadh office. In this role your responsibility is to design, manage, the setup for these five areas (1) supply chain (2) e-storage (3) e-fulfillment (4) customer service and (5) operational integration for Opontia’s brand portfolio in multiple countries.
What are we looking for in an Operations Executive
• Conduct operational due diligence of potential e-commerce brands to be acquired (complexity, costs, etc.)
• Lead and constantly optimize the operational integration of the newly acquired brand to our operational setup with the target to avoid any interruption of sales and decrease of customer experience.
• Build and execute processes to improve efficiency, productivity and service levels and ensuring operational excellence (higher fulfilment rate, within TAT fulfilment, low return rate, etc.) with optimized costs.
• Communicate and collaborate with other team members and manage certain projects which are cross functional with other departments outside of fulfillment organization.
• Proactively identify and solve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Establishing an operations control reporting and dashboard to provide real-time trends and insights.
• Setting up and managing SOPs and SLAs with external partners designed for selling on online marketplaces, own websites and social commerce.
• Developing cost predictive models and reducing the delta between projected and actual costs.
• Determine, track and drive most important cost KPIs to achieve company’s objective of performance and cost. Identifying improvement opportunities with an objective to reduce cost per unit and leading projects to completion.
• Collaborate with the central team, tech and partners to select and develop a strong central WMS and OMS system with multi-country, marketplace, warehouse, courier and ERP integration setup.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
• An independent self-starter who thrives in identifying issues and driving their resolution.
• A highly analytical mindset and can transform a problem definition into a business case.
• Track record of managing operational process design, performance management and / or planning functions for e-commerce brands, e-commerce platforms or logistic companies specialized in e-commerce. (2-3 years in e-commerce or logistics).
• Outstanding project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; ability to prioritize time and business relationship.
• Previous experience in operational due diligence processes is a plus.
• A hunger to deliver truly transformational impact. This role is for someone who gets their hands dirty.
Sound like you? We’d love to chat.