About the job:
Opontia is one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Turkey; and we are on a mission to build the next-generation e-commerce house of brands. We build success stories by acquiring and scaling high performing businesses that operate on marketplaces, own websites and social platforms.
As our assistant finance manager in Poland, you will build brands with us across our geographies and you will be reporting to the General Manager of Poland and the VP Finance in Dubai.
What we are looking for in Assistant Manager Finance:
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports and financial forecasts
- Ensure that the financial records and recordkeeping methods are in compliance with applicable standards, regulations and policies
- Manage third party financial recording and reporting
- Provide Cash Flow Forecasting Reports on a weekly basis for BU (country)
- Supervise the accounts payable, payroll and treasury functions, including responding to related queries
- Responsible for the Tax Filings by Country, incl. VAT, WHT, Customs, Social securities and health service contributions and CIT – also to liaise with the designated third party to ensure information is audited and checked before filing
- Ensure the AR and AP functions are running according to the processes in place
- Maintain all customer reconciliations on revenue recognition and ensure all accounts are accurate and up to date
- Support the business with financial matters as required and perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the VP of Finance
PERSONALITY & SOFT SKILLS
- You excel in execution and with you things are quickly implemented
- Exceptional drive and commitment striving for excellence.
- Multitasking: you enjoy the chaos (the good kind) that comes with managing multiple brands’ finances
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Fluency in Polish and English is a must
- 5-8 years of finance experience
- Preferable degree in business, accounting or finance
- Preferable background from Big 4, audit practice and/or marketplaces in Poland in finances
What we would love to see in our ideal candidate:
- E-commerce and/or start-up experience
- Being an active pursuer of PIBR or/and ACCA diploma is an asset
Sound like you? We’d love to chat.